Love is an action. Love is a verb. If things aren't going the way you'd like them to in your marriage, here's some inspiration to help you change things. These are small actions you can put into practice right away and you will be amazed at how they shift your experience!
1. Make sure you are taking time every day for your own self-care. Fill yourself up first!
2. Actually schedule time to be together every week- and no talking about money, kids, or work allowed!
3. Pay attention to the way you greet and part with each other. Give the gift of really acknowledging each other as you say hello or goodbye.
4. Remember your marriage vows. You said them once, but they are a continual renewing promise to be made over and over.
5. Remember- you are on the same team!!!
6. Meet grumpiness with love and humor.
7. When communicating- make eye contact and touch each other.
8. Say more positive things to your partner than negative.
9. Do things for your partner that make them feel loved. Aren't sure what that is? Ask them- you might be surprised! And be sure to tell them specific things that they could do for you. (I love it when you stroke my hair....)
10. Have sex! It's important!
Do you feel like these action steps are too far fetched for you to enact but have a strong desire to turn things around in your marriage? I'm not a marriage coach or counselor, but I can help you look at your marriage from your side. I can help you see what you can do to increase your own happiness and health so that your marriage can improve too. Contact me for a free "Discovery Session" to see how coaching can help you.
Healthy marriages foster healthy children and happy people. Let's change ourselves and change the planet!