What do you really want?
Many of the women I speak with have a hard time answering this question.
I invite you to get in touch with this.
What do you want to feel- in your relationships?
In your everyday experiences?
How do you want to live your life?
We can all say we want to be "happy." But give yourself some time to contemplate this question a little further.
What do you value? What do you desire? What do you really want?
We often know what we DON'T want to experience. If you don't know what you do want, (in your relationships) you can't ask for it. If you don't know what you want, you have no place to check in with to see how you are doing. Take your contemplation a little deeper and ask how will you know when you are actually experiencing it? How will you know when you aren't? And most importantly, look at the WHAT. What is getting in the way of you experiencing what you want? What can you do to take a step closer to experiencing what you truly desire?
I love journaling as tool for spiritual exploration. I often will do a "free write"-- this is where I allow my pen to just flow without stopping and use repeated prompts to get my expressive juices flowing.
Here's some prompts for this topic which you can try:
Here's an example from my journal:
What I want is live my life on purpose. What I want is to be grounded in my body. What I want is to be grounded in my truth in all my interactions. What I want is be of service to others. What I want is feel connected and to know my belonging. What I want is to feel peaceful, stable and calm. What I want is to love myself. What I want is to celebrate my life. What I want is, what I want is, what I want is.... love. What I want is joy. What I want is to be a clear channel of light and love. What I want is to travel and have adventures. What I want is.....
Does this exercise feel challenging to you? Are you looking for someone to explore what you really want in life with? Contact me for a free "Discovery Session" to see how coaching can help you uncover your true desires.
My deepest wish for you is that you know what you want and create a life that is in line with what really makes you happy. Your happiness is important! And your happiness effects the whole planet. Let's change ourselves and change the world!
Love is an action. Love is a verb. If things aren't going the way you'd like them to in your marriage, here's some inspiration to help you change things. These are small actions you can put into practice right away and you will be amazed at how they shift your experience!
1. Make sure you are taking time every day for your own self-care. Fill yourself up first!
2. Actually schedule time to be together every week- and no talking about money, kids, or work allowed!
3. Pay attention to the way you greet and part with each other. Give the gift of really acknowledging each other as you say hello or goodbye.
4. Remember your marriage vows. You said them once, but they are a continual renewing promise to be made over and over.
5. Remember- you are on the same team!!!
6. Meet grumpiness with love and humor.
7. When communicating- make eye contact and touch each other.
8. Say more positive things to your partner than negative.
9. Do things for your partner that make them feel loved. Aren't sure what that is? Ask them- you might be surprised! And be sure to tell them specific things that they could do for you. (I love it when you stroke my hair....)
10. Have sex! It's important!
Do you feel like these action steps are too far fetched for you to enact but have a strong desire to turn things around in your marriage? I'm not a marriage coach or counselor, but I can help you look at your marriage from your side. I can help you see what you can do to increase your own happiness and health so that your marriage can improve too. Contact me for a free "Discovery Session" to see how coaching can help you.
Healthy marriages foster healthy children and happy people. Let's change ourselves and change the planet!