Find Connection, Love, and Joy with Laughter
I love to laugh! I discovered the amazing healing practice of laughter yoga in 2013 and have been leading this technique ever since. I'd love to come and laugh with your group. Contact me for more information!
What is Laughter Yoga?
Laughter Yoga is a relatively new concept where anyone can laugh for no reason at all. You don't need jokes, comedies or a sense of humor to laugh. In Laughter Yoga, laughter is practiced as a form of exercise. Did you know that your body doesn't know the difference between natural and exercised laughter? Yet when these exercises are done with a group of people who make eye contact with each other, it is difficult for the laughter to NOT become real and contagious! This practice is called Laughter Yoga because we combine childlike playfulness with yogic breathing techniques to bring you to a greater state of union between your body and mind. Laughter Yoga was started by a medical doctor, Dr. Madan Kataria, in Mumbai India in 1995. Now there are more than 6000 laughter clubs in over 60 different countries across the world.
- are easy to practice
- can be done by anyone
- can demonstrate immediate positive results
- can boost the immune system
- add oxygen to the body
- increase your energy levels
- create a better mood
- reduce tension and stress
- can lower your blood pressure
- build confidence
- develop your sense of humor
- ...and they are fun!
Why practice Laughter?
When we practice laughter yoga we get to
- Laugh for an EXTENDED period of time - we may laugh here and there throughout the day, but research shows that laughing for a period of 20-30 minutes activates the fullest potential of the health benefits.
- Laugh LOUDLY- when do you ever get to laugh those deep,hearty, belly laughs? In a laughter yoga session you are given a safe place to really let loose and get a full laugh going.
- Laugh for NO REASON- Sometimes, life doesn't always bring you something funny to stimulate laughter. Laughter yoga teaches you to laugh no matter what.
- relieves STRESS
- elevates your MOOD
- is a good cardiovascular EXERCISE
- helps you connect SOCIALLY
- gives you an ability to laugh more easily when ADVERSITY shows up in your life
- relieves PAIN
- strengthens your IMMUNE system
- helps control blood sugar levels
- expands CREATIVITY and problem solving
- helps you SLEEP better
- may lower health care COSTS
- may lengthen your LIFE
Curious to Learn More?
Hire me to come and give a fun introductory workshop on the healing power of laughter to your group of 5 or more. For inquiries, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org